Thursday, 30 May 2013

Day 30 Rabanal del Camino - El Acebo

Today was very different.  We climbed through hills covered with white broom, white heather and pink heather.  We were even in the moving clouds at times.  Soon we were at Cruz de Ferro.  We could see it from a distance and I started to cry.  It surprised us how emotional we felt.  I laid my rock up at the top of the pile then Bernard climbed up and laid his along with a family rock.  We hugged and shed a few tears.  Family and friends are so precious.  The downhill portion of today was very rough and rocky.  We decided to stop at El Acebo which is about half way down and give our feet and legs a rest.  We are at a Parochial Albergue where it is all by donation and you have to help prepare dinner.  Bernard and I peeled the potatoes and I tried to help cut them but I wasn´t doing it right!  There is a group making salad right now and the Beatles are playing on the CD player!  Buen Camino! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi mom and dad, now I am all emotional ! What a site to see the pile of rocks, not brought there by a digger! Wow!

    ReplyDelete